Wits University School Of Electrical and Information Engineering
Mission and Vision
- Transformation through unrivalled trans-disciplinary approach to problem solving
- Excellence through integration
- Growth and development through new academic and research programmes and services to society
- The creation of a new gneration of scientists and engineers to meet the needs of modern society
- Fostering institutional co-operation
- Conducting co-operative research that will contribute to advancements in technology
Goals and Objectives
Our goals are:
- to establish the capacity to provide critical mass of talents, team environment and major facilities and instrumentation,
- to create a new culture of cross-disciplinary, system-oriented, environmentally, socially and industrially relevant research and education,
- to enhance competitiveness through a new generation of technologies, approaches, and more holistic scientific, social and engineering graduates and solutions and academic innovation through strategic planning and system integration.
Undergraduate and postgraduate applications at the University are handled by the Student Enrolment Centre.
For admissions information, entrance requirements and details on how to apply to Wits, please click here.
Information for postgraduate applicants is available here. Masters and PhD applicants should contact the Schoolbefore applying to find a supervisor.
The Wits Electrical Engineering (EE) and Electrical Engineering with Information Engineering Option (IE) degrees enjoy accreditation and recognition both locally and internationally:
Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA) accredited. Accreditation by ECSA means that our graduates are recognised as meeting the educational requirements toward becoming registered as a Professional Engineer (PrEng). In addition, the accreditation of the programme by ECSA also provides recognition for our graduates from 1999 onwards in countries that have signed the Washington Accord. These include: Australia; Canada; Hong Kong, China; Ireland; New Zealand; United Kingdom; and United States of America.
The EE and IE degrees are also accreditied by the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) formerly known as the Institution of Electrical Engineers (IEE) London, indicating the international standing of the degree.
Please feel free to contact us! For your convenience, many queries can probably be dealt with quickly on other pages: if you are a prospective student, the Study-at-Wits page may be helpful. This page has details on how to enrol, as well as fees and funding information. We also have Facebook and Youtube pages which may be interesting: https://www.facebook.com/witseie/ and Youtube.
+27 (0)11 717 7244 or +27 (0)11 717 7237
Head of School
Prof Estelle Trengove
+27 (0)11 717 7230